16PF Report and Consultation | Supervisor Level (D-3)
£280.00 (Ex. Tax)
The 16 Personality Factors ( 16PF ) Report defines an individual's basic, underlying personality, without regard for how we apply it. This service includes a professional telephone development discussion as well as a report to help gain deeper understanding.
The 16 Personality Factors Questionnaire (16PF) is a trait-based personality questionnaire derived from Five Global Factors. These correspond fairly closely to the Big Five personality traits.
The Five Global Factors of the 16PF Report:
- Emotional stability
- Social boldness
This 16PF Report and Consultation is designed to aid development of Junior managers and Supervisors. The report comes with 45 minutes of professional telephone feedback and personal development discussion.
We can adapt the service to meet your specific needs. Contact us on 01285 861734 to discuss your requirements.
Benefits of the 16PF Report:
- 16PF comes with the benefits of over 50 years of research
- It provides a comprehensive measure of an individual's whole personality
- Supports selection, development, identifying potential, and team building
- For development, the feedback includes development discussion and coaching
- Suitable for all levels within an organisation
- Available in 20 languages with local comparison groups
- Gain the most from the report through quality feedback and discussion from an experienced consultant. No training required.
Why Quest Partnership?
Quest Partnership Ltd has been providing psychometric assessments such as the 16PF personality questionnaire to industry for over 20 years. We offer independent advice on a wide range of assessments. In addition, we provide full support in administering and delivering tests and personality questionnaires to individual candidates / participants.
Our consultants are experts in their field with a track record of delivering innovative assessments. We are also active members of our industry body, the British Psychological Society (BPS). Our involvement in BPS steering groups has helped to raise standards and promote best practise in the use of psychometrics.