OPQ Universal Competency Report | Director Level (D-1)
£100.00 (Ex. Tax)
The OPQ personality questionnaire assesses work behaviours and personality to identify potential strengths and weaknesses. The OPQ Universal Competency Report is based on the Universal Competency Framework (UCF). It looks at an individual's preferred way of working and their behaviours when dealing with others.
This short report provides insight into an individual's potential performance across 20 key job competencies. Each competency is outlined and aspects of the individuals personality which may impact (positively or negatively) on each competency are summarised.
The OPQ Universal Competency Report should be used as the basis of a development discussion with the individual.
Key competences addressed
- Adapting and Coping
- Analysing and Interpreting
- Creating and Conceptualising
- Enterprising and performing
- Interacting and presenting
- Leading and deciding
- Organising and executing
- Supporting and co-operating
Benefits of the OPQ Universal Competency Report
- Reports quickly available after online completion
- No expensive costs for annual licence, materials, or system costs
- Comprehensive measure of management level competences
- Predicts performance, OPQ is proven to predict job performance
- OPQ available in over 30 languages
- OPQ is the market leading quality tool
If you would like one of our consultants to provide more detailed feedback and have a development/ coaching discussion with the individual please contact us for a quotation. Tel: 01285 861734.
Why Quest Partnership?
Quest Partnership Ltd has been providing psychometric assessments such as the OPQ Universal Competency Report to industry for over 20 years. We offer independent advice on a wide range of assessments. In addition, we provide full support in administering and delivering tests and personality questionnaires to individual participants.
Our consultants are experts in their field with a track record of delivering innovative assessments. We are also active members of our industry body, the British Psychological Society (BPS). Our involvement in BPS steering groups has helped to raise standards and promote best practise in the use of psychometrics.